REST ( REPRESENTATIONAL STATE TRANSFER )
- The MODE of COMMUNICATION where the CLIENT SENTS an REQUEST , and the SERVER REPOND to it
- And then the CLIENT SHOWS the REPOND RESULT to the USER . This is called REPRESENTATIONAL STATE TRANSFER ( REST )
HTTP is a PROTOCOL that MAKES THE USE OF REST
API ( APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE )
- When we NEED ONE PIECE of SOFTWARE to INTERACT with ANOTHER PIECE of SOFTWARE we NEED an API .
- SAY you have a WORDPRESS BLOG and you want your IONIC APP to INTERACT with the WORDPRESS BLOG ..
- Then your IONIC APP should use REST API ( An API that are IMPLEMENTED RESTFULLY )
- AND also your WORDPRESS BLOG should be REST CAPABLED and will feature RESTFULL API.
- You can MAKE your WORDPRESS BLOG REST CAPABLED by INSTALLING a PLUGIN called as JSON API .
- The JSON API WORDPRESS PLUGIN will allow your IONIC APP to get the DATA from the the WORDPRESS BLOG in a JSON FORMAT.